Terms and Conditions
Glendorgal Hotel in Cornwall
Glendorgal Hotel Terms & Conditions
- Booking: At the time of making your booking we will send you a confirmation of the accommodation booked with these booking terms and a copy of our cancellation policy. These terms form the basis of the contract between you and us and you agree to bring them to the attention of the members of your party and accept responsibility for their observance of these terms.
- Deposit: We require a deposit when you book and the amount of that deposit will be notified to you on booking and debited to your credit card or paid by such other method as we accept. The deposit is not returnable in the event of a cancellation can be held as per our cancellation policy.
- Pricing: Prices are correct at press date and are subject to alterations without prior notice, with the exception of confirmed bookings.
- Insurance: If you have not taken this out we strongly recommend that you do.
- Payment for your stay: Full payment for all room(s) is due on arrival, while full pre-payment is due on houses and apartments 4 weeks in advance of the arrival date. A credit card imprint will be required on arrival to cover the cost of any items charged to your account, and to cover any loss or damage to your accommodation, this will then be payable on the morning of your departure. If you are departing early in the morning we ask for to be informed the night before, the account may either be settled then, or the amount taken from your credit card the following morning and all relevant paperwork forwarded on. If items, which have been supplied to you are not included in your final account we reserve the right to charge you for these items and to debit them to your credit card.
- Check in and check out: Earliest check in time is 2.00 pm for bedrooms and 4.00pm for houses and apartments. The latest checkout time is 10.00 am. Any check outs after the times specified will be charged at £10.00 per hour per room / house. If you require a late check out then this must be agreed in advance by the Management. There must never be more than the agreed number of people in your accommodation, any guests staying for only part of the booking with you must be arranged on booking. Reception must be informed of all day visitors and car registration numbers must be provided.
- Damage & Loss: You are expected to use your accommodation and its contents with care and are responsible for any damage or loss caused. In particular a large and small towel is available in the room / house for each person booked in, if this is not there on arrival please immediately notify reception. We reserve the right to charge you for any missing or damaged items. An inventory will be provided on arrival to all house and apartment guests for them to check and sign. A charge of £15.00 will be made if you change the configuration of the beds or other furniture in your room from that on arrival and it has not been replaced by you prior to your departure. No towels or other clothing are to be exposed outside the windows of any room. We reserve the right to enter the room in case of urgency to carry out inspections, maintenance work, housekeeping or repairs.
- Parking: Guests staying in the hotel may use the main car park on the headland free of charge, while guests staying in houses may park in the spaces allocated to them. Please do not block the through way, or the main drive. Parking is on a first come first served basis. All cars are parked at the owner’s risk and no liability can be accepted for damage caused to vehicles (unless such damage is demonstrably due to our or our staffs’ negligence). All registration numbers must be given to reception at check in.
- Dogs: Dogs are welcome at the discretion of the management in certain accommodation for a daily charge shown on the tariff schedule. This applies to some rooms in the hotel where access is directly from the outside. Only one dog is permitted. Dogs are not permitted in the public areas of the hotel and must not be allowed to lie on furniture or beds. Owners are expected to clear up after their dogs and any damage done or additional cleaning will be charged accordingly. Owners should ensure that their dog is properly supervised and is not dangerous and does not cause a danger or threat to any person. If we decide in our sole discretion that any of the above conditions has or is likely to be breached we shall be entitled to ask you to make arrangements for your dog to be accommodated elsewhere. No other pets are permitted.
- Complaints Procedure: We hope that you have a pleasant and enjoyable stay here at Glendorgal, however if you do experience any problems please bring them to our attention. The correct procedure is to report any problems to a member of staff as soon as possible, who will try to rectify the problem immediately. If this is not possible by the member of staff contacted, they will advise either their Head of Department, if available or the Duty Manager for the day, who will endeavour to resolve the problem as quickly as possible. If this is not done satisfactorily your comments must be put into writing for the attention of the General Manager, who will contact the guest in due course to discuss the matter further.
- Behaviour: We may not serve alcohol to anyone who is or appears to us to be under the age of 18 and we would request that you ensure that no one in your party attempts to do so. We would also request that guests’ behaviour is not excessively noisy or disruptive. You will appreciate that for the benefit of other guests, offensive or illegal behaviour will not be tolerated and a guest may be asked to leave the premises without remission of accommodation charges if this occurs. In addition to this we reserve the right to reclaim any compensation we have been obliged to provide to other guests that have been inconvenienced by noisy or offensive behaviour.
- Smoking: All accommodation is non-smoking. In rooms with balcony access you are permitted to smoke on the balcony. Smoking is not allowed in any part of the Health Club or Watermark Brassiere & Bar. Please seek guidance from the staff in this respect.
- Leisure Club. Glendorgal Leisure Club & Spa may be used by hotel guests free of charge, a guest pass must be obtained from Reception before use. Children may use the swimming pool between 2.00 – 4.00pm daily and must be accompanied by an adult. Children are not allowed in the gym, sauna or steam room at any time.
- Improvements: Maintenance and refurbishment to the facilities, the Glendorgal grounds and the houses are carried out throughout the year. We will always do our best to ensure that guest facilities are not inconvenienced. No compensation will be paid if the facility is not available, we will however do our best to provide a suitable alternative.
- Security of your property: Whilst we will offer you reasonable assistance in tracing lost items you accept that your personal belongings are you own responsibility and we accept no liability whatsoever for any accident, loss or damage to your property (unless such loss, damage or accident is demonstrably due to our or our staffs’ negligence). Any items left behind that are posted to you will be charged to the credit card number on file for you. Once the item leaves our hands we accept no responsibility for it.
- Liability: We cannot be held responsible for the loss of public services (e.g. water, gas, electricity) or any disturbance beyond our control. In all cases except personal injury or death, our liability to you for the total of all claims arising out of your holiday with us is limited to the cost of the booking.